Thursday, March 31, 2011

This Is What I Do In My Spare Time

So I'm not done any of my projects. But I did complete about 80 rows on my shawl that I started on the 29th, so that in itself is an accomplishment. If you're impressed by knitting that is.

Now, I'd like to say that I didn't finish my knitting projects because I was quilting, or going for walks, or, well, anything productive, but truthfully, I was playing Sims. Now now, I should say that I set a limit. I ignore that limit mostly, but gosh darn it I set that timer. Then I turn it off when it goes and then I have no limit. See how well that works?

Anyways, I had to re-install Sims because there was something wrong with my latest disc and the game wasn't opening. I lost all my games but that's fine because it's nice to restart. I always start with my main two characters: Milla and Angel. Sometimes I start them off in the same house, but this time I started them off as strangers in different houses, and I decided that they had to have lives before hooking up and spending the rest of their lives together.

Now Sims comes with pre-made families that have their own back story and characters and dilemmas and such. I usually ignore these families except to steal a character from them or something. Not this time. This time I was a tad... bad. It's actually kind of awful. It really is. I'm going to Sims2 hell no doubt. But gosh, it's fun.

And at this point, I assume you are all interested in the game Sims2. If you are not, you really should have stopped reading at this point. If you came for quilting or knitting, I'm terribly sorry. I have a new quilt to show soon, I promise. If you aren't aware of Sims2, but reading thinking I'm going to go somewhere with this, it's a game where you make people and led their lives. They have to get jobs or make money somehow, and eat and they have to interact with other sims, they can have families and children, and you can kill them or make them miserable or help them accomplish their life goals and the such and some of the jobs have helicopters that pick them up, and they also have pets! It's so much fun. Not addicting at all.

Anyways, the family I picked was the Pleasant family
The back story is that the twin girls are awful, the wife, Mary Sue, ignores the husband, Daniel, and he's in love with the maid and wants woo-hoo. At this point Daniel is also in love with Angel, the character I created. He's very forlorn, Daniel is, and he wants a change. He knows something radical needs to happen for him to be happy again.
It turns out solving the husband/wife dilemma was easy. They ignored the twins and made out in the kitchen. However, that wasn't enough for Daniel. He totally cheated with the maid while Mary Sue was at work and when she came home he invited Angel over and they had woohoo. Because Mary Sue was in the house, she came running over right away. Awkward.
Angel left the room quickly and started making himself spaghetti in the kitchen.
Daniel begged for fogiveness but alas, it was too much.
Mary Sue divorced him and kicked him out of the house on the spot.
You can't see but Angel is sitting in the dining room in his underwear eating the spaghetti. I had to get Mary Sue to go over and ask him to leave and when she did ask him to leave they shook hands pleasantly.

So Daniel moved into a little house that only has a microwave and a cheap shower. He has a good job and did get a lot of money out of the move but he spent it all on this.
A drum set.
And a gnome. The two things he felt he couldn't have before.
To prove he's okay Daniel quickly rebounded with the maid and asked her to marry him. She accepted, and I'm so sad I didn't get a photo but after she accepted and left, he thinks of the engagement and starts to cry. Turns out he really didn't want to get engaged. It's all a rouse.
After moving into the loser pad, and getting a regretful engagement to the maid, he heads over to Angel's place to tell him the good news that he is no longer married (just engaged).
He claims he only married Mary Sue for the money....
but Angel is upset about that and also upset about the engagement to the maid. No matter how good of a cook she is. They argue a lot. They argue into the night...
here is Angel saying he won't go to a beach party with him...
and they argue until, for some reason, they end up in the bathroom (the toilet is broken, that's why there's a puddle on the floor, okay?), where Angel breaks it off. Mostly cause he's about to propose to Milla, the other character I created. Oh, and also because Daniel doesn't like Angel's cat.

So, Daniel got what he wanted. No kids to worry about, a drum set, he's engaged to the french maid, and he's got a gnome. No doubt he's happy now.
Except for the fact that he keeps on balling up his fists and stomping his feet and having tantrums. Besides that yeah.

In other news, the twin girls grades have improved and Mary Sue is 'seeing' the mailman. And this guy she brought home from work. And the female gardener. See! It all works out in the end.

7 comments:

Kat said...

That post did how end how I thought it would end! You had me laughing at my desk. Eating spaghetti in underpants, indeed.

Jan said...

I would love to comment on this post hon, but I just don't know what I would say.

Jenn said...

okay, keep me posted. It was almost like playing!

Julia said...

are you ever concerned about the moral responsibility you have to your sims? what if they are real? what if you are this intermittant and unpredicatable god that shows up and causes them to age and do things they don't entirely plan to do? and then to top it all off, you use it as entertainment for your friends! bad diety!

Pretentious Wombat said...

I have been loving my Sims2 for years. I have all the add-ons and refuse to buy Sims3 because I can't bear to start from scratch. Somehow, nothing beats the first time you see them dancing the Smustle in their underwear in the kitchen.

Best glitch we ever had was when we had a bunch of nannies who would not leave. All of their vans were lined up out on the street, I would try firing them, but they just stayed on. So I built a tiny room around them, took away the door, and waited for them to starve. They screamed that they needed to pee and were hungry but I ignored them. It was ridiculous but hysterical at the same time. We've had more moments with tears just running down our cheeks we were laughing so hard at some of the antics from this game. Long live the Sims!!!!

Julia said...

in my sims two i have a house that is littered with the graves of maids. and then i turned them all into zombies. it was awesome

rachel said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... oh yeah and poor daniel.