Friday, December 16, 2005
So that was my wheeeee no school thing of day one. I also kinda worked on my room (sorted laundry and papers), did dishes, sushi lunch with Jenn, grocery shopping, and played Sims. My first family that I ever started on Sims2, the Fables, well their twin girls just grew into teenagers and they just moved into a new house and Milla and Ashley are thinking of having another baby after her next promotion. Hee... wow.... I completely sound like I have no life or maybe.... I really don't have a life.
Anyhoo, speaking of my own life, I have about... letseehere..... 6, yup, 6 people I have to call this week. Two of them are unreturned phone calls because school = irresponsible negligent Leone. I also haven't sent out my christmas cards yet. Maybe they will be Happy New Years cards, or Valentine cards. I dunno.
Oh yeah, and if anyone can get me one of these, I will marry you! (or not, whatever). Alright, I'm outta here. I'm going to bed. I'll blog again soon and let you know what I'm doing to truely appreciate these holiest of days. Hope you all do the same! Hooray for not going to universityl!
editors note: I just read this and holy crap am I having tense issues or what? I'm not going to change it because I'm quite tired and I believe that is the main source of difficulties here but I just wanted to point out my own awareness of my inability to stay in the present, the past, or the furture. Meh. And thanks for reading.
Monday, December 12, 2005
This is the tired where it physically hurts to breath in too quickly. You can't focus on things right away because they appear to be wavering back and forth, untill you realize that's you wavering back and forth. It takes about 5 seconds to properly process questions but sometimes you answer anyways without really knowing what the question is and that can be a big, big mistake. You forget how to work the debit machine and in vain search for the period not realizing it's just like bank machines and you just punch the numbers in order. Someone asks you something at the back of the store and by the time you take them to the front of the store, you've forgotten their question and have to ask them why you took them to the front of the store. You walk into the bathroom door because you forgot to open it first. You enter a zen stage with knitting and after fifteen minutes realize you have been staring at the wall while knitting and freak out frantically searching for any dropped stitches or mess ups (miracously, there are none). You switch prices while reading them out to the customer... like staying something is 99 dollars and 24 cents, when it is actually 24.99. Do that twice in one night.
2. Freaky Donkey Ass Tired
This is when you are so tired, everything is funny because nothing makes sense. You realize you have an exam in three days worth 50% of your grade and you have barely started studying: start laughing hysterically in the middle of the mall. You drop something, snort loudly, then laugh because you snorted. Your coworker asks you what's with you tonight, giggle like a hyena then let out a very heavy, long sigh. This tired is also associated with random feelings of wanting to cry, when you can feel that burning of salt tears behind your eyeballs. Don't cry, because then you know you will get snotty nose and blotchy skin. Laugh about it afterwards.
memo: this is suppose to be funny, not depressing. Jenn's all depressed now. It's funny! The crying bit is random crying, you know, when you are so tired that you want to cry for no reason (well, maybe you want to cry because you are tired but still... random). So funny, people, this is a very funny post. And everyone go console Jenn now too.
Thursday, December 08, 2005
had lots of bread today... toast... subway six inch honey oat.... terayki chicked burger... half a paninni (spelling wrong)... so much bread. I feel like a seagull I guess.
I studied at starbucks today and got my free (messed up previous order) venti latte, then my new best friend who works there made me a chai eggnog latte and a chantico and a sampler of a strawberry creme frappucino then I went to school and had an americano. and i had a pepsi (first one since thanksgiving canada). and nearly two litres of water. I peed a lot today.
so... i've been studying... then working.... then taking an exam (monday education)... then working.... then studying... I usually get to the school around 830 with jenn then study till one thirty then go home and eat and go to work between three or four then work till nine but oh ho ho I had today off of work! so I woke up at 8 and left the house at nine fifteen and studied at starbucks and at school till 6 when i took my exam for the worst class ever and I really, really, really did not do well but i could actually fail the exam and still get a b (if i didn't take the exam i would have still gotten a c+) which is crazy cause i mean for a class to be the worst class ever and i still have a good grade... i mean, it's got to be really bad then. and then after that, i studied some more for my exam tomorrow morning... and i also had a cooler because it was bought for me. heh... while studying... but after my exam. not like it would have made a difference. really. got home at nine thirty. so yeah. nice day off eh?
going to bed now... once i've finished brushing my teeth.
as the kayla would say.... tootles
Monday, December 05, 2005
*Spawnkitty Spike is not actually for sale. Any money received will be considered belated Spike birthday presents and spent on tuna and yarn. While Spike has lapses of saneness, his pet still loves him immensly. The way he is a total lapwhore, how affectionate he is even to strangers now, how he rushes to the door (most of the time) when she gets home, how he doesn't eat her yarn as much as he used to, when he sleeps on her feet and night and purrs when she moves, when he burrows under the blankets and hides in corners, when he mews and then collapses and rolls at her feet, when he pushes himself around on his back by bracing his feet against the wall, and when he stares out the window, protecting the home.
Sunday, December 04, 2005
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
So what did I do. Well, you know how I complain that I have no time and am a giant ball of stress? I decided getting a job would cure all that. So yeah, I got a job. Heh. For those in PG, you'll know where I'm talking about... a comic book store baby yeah! They hired me! Even though I am apparently a trendy librarian! I'm pretty excited. Firstly, I get a discount on comics! Secondly, I have a resemblence of life outside of school! Thirdly, I will be making money! Not accumulating debt! Craziness I tell you! So. Yeah. I could see some shaking heads and waggling fingers, but meh. I think this job is going to be hectic madness, but I think it will also be a whole bunch of fun. My boss-lady is a wonderful person and it's all good. Heh.
and i talked to the guy i like again. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Okay, I'm away to proof read this paper again. It's so bad when you know a sentence is crap, but for the life of you, you just can't seem to think of a better one.
Thanks again for the hugs!
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Thursday, November 17, 2005
- I'd save this for my own kid it's soooo cute! Medusa hat
- a womb, cause I mean... then you can say 'i knit a womb this weekend. it's green.' Is there anything better than that?
- a tea cozy (but if I was to knit one for Buffy, it would not be this one, or at least, not these colours)
- these socks, but without the individual toes, and different colours to match different holidays. heh. yeah.
- my favorite bear, again
- if Cohen was a girl I'd knit him this
Sweet dreams everyone!
Nov 21st note: Have started the baby tart baby hat.
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Then next is a close up of my slub. I love my slub. I don't even know what it is really, I know it's wool, I think it's all in how it is spun but yeah, I love my slub. It is, I would have to say, the most perfect colour scheme I have ever seen in my life. Really, I'm dead serious here. Perfect. And isn't this photo just so artsy fartsy? I took all of these with Coral's camera. Yeah for Coral!
This last photo is another artsy one of my cotton sari rainbow blend. This was made in Nepal and was made out of recycled saris. I want to make a purse out of it or a wrap. I don't know. Why can't I just be rich so I can buy my way into teaching without all the 'schooling' getting in the way? Honestly. Being rich would solve everything.
Well, I don't know how well this will turn out with the photos and all, but I hope it's coherent and the photos kinda match up with their description!
Sunday, November 13, 2005
- A Dictionary of Angels, Including the Fallen Angels by Gustav Davidson
- Gift certificates to The Neverending Yarn (Vernon) or Darlene's Yarns (PG)
- As for yarn, I'm looking for handspun mohair angora in purpley/greyie/bluish subdued colours (you'll know you've got it if it is ridicously expensive), and I also like slub from Nova Scotia, the rainbow cotton sari blend from Nepal, or any type of soy yarn. (for photos of said yarns, see here) Frankly, I'm happy with any type of yarn, be it acrylic, wool, alpaca, or unknown.
- Bamboo knitting needles
- Very nice, sparkly, smallish or not, earrings: like this or this or this (I'm only using these as examples, not as specifics, I trust your judgement, but hey, if you wanna get me the blue topaz earrings)
- Paintbrushes, the little ones: pointy, edged, or thick, doesn't matter.
- I don't know if this exists but a queen sized original Spiderman (Ditko) duvet cover.
- Old knitting magazines
- A floor length, very soft, housecoat (one that you could cuddle up in a chair with a purring kitten and a mug of tea on a cold PG night and watch Buffy in)
- digital camera
- the frizz ease hair gift set from shoppers (the one for curls)
- The March of the Penguins
- 40 year old Virgin (if it comes out by christmas)
- The anniversery addition of Brian Frouds Faeries
- anything from Reitmans
- the calvin and hobbes collection (the massive three book one)
- a CD booklet, one of those massive booklets with those slips that will fit a whole buncha CDs
*I'm sure whatever anyone gets me, even if it is not on the list, will be perfect and I'll love it.
Friday, November 11, 2005
- slept in till 10:30 because Spike came and curled up on my chest (so cute)
- had my yummy new maple churned honey with peanut butter on squirrely toast
- checked my email and looked at the blogs
- mulled and mulled about my wool toque that I haven't blocked yet and may just frog because it's just a tad tad too short but meh
- walked to grocery store to get coffee and came back with coffee, buns, a magazine, and mandrin oranges
- had mandrin orange and looked at magazine I bought
- complete two typed pages of notes from my lifespan development textbook, chapter 11 (the self, identity, and personality)
- made lunch for Jenn and I (cheese and turkey sandwiches with the raspberry honey mustard and mushroom soup with pasta and the pasta scared Jenn when she went to eat it... heh)
- put away dishes
- looked at blogs again
- played defend your castle
- found a whole buncha cool knitting sites from midnight blogger, and I so want to order this but I'll wait cause it's ten dollars shipping fees for Canadians.
- and now I'm blogging
- complete chapter 11 (it's shame this is so difficult since I am actually interested in it, I just despise everything school right now)
- start cleaning my room (at least put up my fraggle rock poster and organize my clothing)
- finish my two knitting projects (Jim and Kayla)
- play sims
- yoga (Rodney Yee again I think)
- go over my paper for Behaviour Modification
- clean the bathroom
Wednesday, November 09, 2005
Monday, November 07, 2005
So, after two weeks of complete undergrad hell, I decided this weekend I would take a break. Or have a nervous breakdown. I decided to take a break. So... what did I do you ask?
- Went to the Studio Fair twice(!) and bought....yarn (two handspun mohair with metallics, not telling how much they cost), honey (maple churned in a glass bear jar), mustard (honey raspberry hot hot), Jim's present (not telling!), Jen's present (again with the not telling), honeycomb (fun, but not as much fun as I would have liked), a book, and nearly got a marionette but I didn't and now I'm sad. I also nearly bought a 200 dollar photo of a bear cub climbing on a tree on canvas but I didn't. The people were kinda snotty, and I didn't really have 200 dollars to spend on art. Which sucks. But hey! Maple churned honey! Oh yeah, and tonnes of samples, samples, samples.
- Went to the Y Saturday (I just forgot how to spell Saturday and had to look at various spellings before deciding on that one, hope it's right) and worked out at 6:30 in the morning with Jenn and Coral. I decided to put the elliptical at the highest slant and my thighs are still paying for that.
- Knit like a crazy person, finished my first scarf for Knit for Kids and nearly done another christmas present which I started last January, and I did inventory on all my knitting projects and yarn. Have come to many conclusions. A) I have too much yarn and need to knit it all up so I can buy more but seriously, so much yarn! B) I need to finish all my projects that are knitted up but still have to be sewn together or something (about three of those) so I can put them in a complete section. C) I need to get my hands on a digitial camera so I can take photos of all the christmas presents so I can post them after christmas and show everyone. D) I need a better organizer for my knitting needles (right now they are in a big metal bucket that has a lobster on it) which is fine, but I still need a better container.
- Watched Kids in the Hall Brain Candy. Heh, really really funny. Wrong, in so many ways, but so funny.
- Wrote a completely half-assed paper for my dreadful class that I don't care about and barely spent any time on.
- Finally went shopping for pants and got three pairs, two jeans (one dark, one with jewels) and a brown pair of dress pants, and also got a blue cardigan with jewels and a pink blouse which I'm wearing right now.
- Did Tae bo with Jenn (and did Yoga this morning and will hopefully do tae bo again tonight so I can reach my week goal of working out four times this week and get to buy my knitting magazine as I did not make my goals last week which was fine cause I still worked out three times).
So that was really nice. I also played a lot of computer games and listened to lots of music and watched TV with Jenn and played with the kitties. It was wonderful. Now I'm back at school.... sigh, but oh well. Week ten of thirteen! And only three days long! There, it's all good now. I'll let you know tomorrow if I did my workout and if I did I'll blog about my new magazine. If I didn't then I dunno, I may still blog anyways, but maybe just tell you about what I had for dinner instead.
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
* tomorrow is day 3 of week nine of thirteen weeks
* next week is only three days long
* 43 days and I'll be done
* at least I'll eventually get out; the professors are there forever!
* after these four, only three more psych courses to finish
* at least I'm not homeless or desolute or friendless
* I love my bed
* Spike doesn't seem bothered by any of this at all
* even if I bombed today's exam the rest of the class did too
* even if I bomb tomorrows exam I'll still have chocolate waiting for me at home
* just because I have a presentation in three days with seven other people, five of whom I don't know nor have ever met, and we don't have an outline and none of our email addresses work, doesn't mean it won't go well.
* jesus loves me
* Jenn bought me a pink water bottle since mine was left at school (my fault) and taken by someone (bastard)
* I had kick-ass medusa hair for halloween and that will never change
I'll keep going.
Friday, October 28, 2005
- A lantern with black designs over an orange background. Cats, ghosts, spiders, pumpkins, and bats. I'm going to hang it outside above the door.
- A fuzzy bat from Lewiscraft that has wire in the wings so they look spooky. Sheds however.
- Little white bags that you put leaves in with faces on them and then hang outside down from your tree so they look like ghosts! Spooky. (so I guess this means I have to rake. hm.)
- Lots and lots of candles! (don't worry, I shall not leave them unattended or near anything flammable.)
- Spider webs with spiders in them.
- a witchy-poo broom
- Ghost garland which I will probably put outside somewhere. Or I may keep it inside cause it's actually kinda nice in a funky way... but it was cheap so meh.
- Candy! I got eyeballs (chocolate covered in tinfoil with the different types of centers), fatty ratty (really ugly rat gummy candy) and trash teeth (gummy candy as well). I'm also going to get some cheap traditional candy (nothing like caramels or raisins) but I'm thinking of putting the freaky candy in a special bag and asking children if they want candy or if I should get them something from my spooky bag and tell them that I put dead rats, teeth I find on the road, and eyeballs I take from people in there. Heh.
- Smirnoff. But... that's got nothing to do with halloween or children. And none of your business! Hmph.
Monday, October 24, 2005
Second, a wonderful thank you to Jill for the tae-bo tapes and photos and a thank you to Jill and Cohen for the lovely visit on Friday.
Before I start ranting about the current state of my abs (owowowowow) I would like to clarify that Jenn and I did not go to Women's Zone on Thursday because I didn't clean off my sneakers in time and then she got sick so. I still went swimming with Florence on Friday night. We did twelve laps before a quick dip in the hottub. It's a very short swimming experience because the buses really suck at night time, moreso on the weekdays, so we had to leave early for Flo to catch her bus. They go later on Friday nights, but that's teen night. Sigh. I have to say, and don't take this the wrong way, but I love all the naked ladies in the change room. I know that sounds really funny, but I love that they are totally unabashed about themselves and have none of this stupid insecurity that runs rampant in my age group.
Right, so just wanted to blog and let people know that I completed Week II goal of working out for three times for 45 minutes because this morning at 6am Jenn and I got up and did a tae-bo cardio workout. It's one of those things were you see the move, get to do a few reps of eight with it, and just when you think you are done... they go into 'cardio' mode and all of a second it's double time! Aarrrgghhh. My abs. Oh how they cry. Well, I'm meeting a friend... three minutes ago so I'm outta here but BIG thanks to Jenn for the early morning sweaty workout! Heh. My ass hurts too.
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
So whiny, so whiny indeed.
So I worked out last night to begin my second week of my three month plan off to a good start. I was going to go running but by five I was really hungry and I have to go running at 6pm or else it just gets too dark. So instead I did a workout from Cosmo, the bikini body workout. It was pretty good and it gave me some good ideas. I workout in the living room but for the 'cardio challenge' between each workout you have to skip rope for some odd amount of minutes, and I have no rope, and it was the living room, and Jenn was on the phone, so I would just run up and down the stairs and run around the basement. By the end of the 45 minutes, getting up those steps was torture. But it was good, it really worked out my arms... those two pound weights are a killer! (heh, to give myself a little credit, I used them during my other exercises and did a whole buncha reps with them). Jenn and I are going to Women's Zone (she got me a two week pass.... is there anything that girl can't do?) tomorrow and Florence and I are going to go to swimming some time this week as well. I think we are going to aquafit.
Should go study I guess. I have been a major slacker lately. Slacker girl. heh.
I'm going now.
Sunday, October 16, 2005
Which tarot card are you?
I really don't know how I feel about this. Not very pleased. Anyhoo, since I last blogged
- Tuesday night- did section one of my running program.
- Wednesday night- did power yoga with Rodney Yee (the guy on the DVD)
- Friday night- went swimming, only did a few laps but played a lot in the current pool which is quite a work out.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Thanks for your time,
Leone (already prepped in exercise clothing)
Monday, October 03, 2005
Wednesday, September 28, 2005
doings: vegging on computer, refusing to study
drinking/eating: just finished a glass of warm milk and am full of yeasty flax seed oil popcorn
last TV: watched so you think you can dance with Jenn and Jim. I'm rooting for Ashle, cause she's totally kick-ass, and Jamile, cause he's hot and the other guy continously does the splits.
listening: Beethoven's Symphony number 7, allegretto (cult classic)
room: moderately messy because all my laundry is still downstairs
tests: did one today, and on Monday, may have one tomorrow, two on Friday, one on Tuesday, another one possibly on Tuesday
stress: high but manageable
roommates: already in bed
crushes: maybe two, but definately one
hair: dark purple
tattoos: still just three
aspirations: have a bath then go to bed
thursday update: did have test in class today, so total this week is up to five
Thursday, September 15, 2005
Wednesday, September 14, 2005
disclaimer ~Leone seems to be complaining an obscene amount since school started. Is this her fault or the fact that school is evil?
School is evil.
Well, I have only one other 'meh' course and three smiley courses so I should mention that.
School is still evil.
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Monday, September 05, 2005
Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Monday, August 15, 2005
I have a lot of things to do on my trip. I have two knitting projects, one of which I need to finish by Friday, and lots of books to read. I'm only bringing over three, Whale Rider, Sunshine (Robin McKinley), and What Would Buffy Do?, but there's lots of books at Vernon home that I want to read. I also have lots of people to see and coffee to drink. Unfortunately, my room is a disaster and I hate coming home to messy room. Meh. I wanted to pick up one of my school text books but I don't have the cash for it right now. I have psychobiology coming up and I really need to prep for that course. Me + biology = badness.
So crazy boy in my final was trying to give himself whiplash during the exam. I've never seen anyone do that with their neck before, it was really weird. Crazy lashing back and forth and at really quick speeds, like confused headbanging or something. He did it about four times in the space of an hour. And instead of just flexing his fingers or rotating his wrist when it got sore, he put his hand up like he was asking a questions and shook it all around. Maybe he was doing the hokey pokey or something. I dunno.
I'm going to go now. I have to get my stuff together and go meet Coral outside the caferteria in about ten minutes. See you in Vernon! (if you are too in Vernon, if not.... well then, I'll see you somewhere else I guess. Unless I don't know you, in which case.... Hi.)
Tuesday, August 09, 2005
I'm going to do a brief summary on my summer courses because I've got 2 hours till I meet him and I'm not about to do work because I'm a total slacker. As well, I've been looking at other people's blogs and they are all really nice and interesting and mine is kinda lacking lately. Anyhoo:
Math 190: How to Teach Math to Elementary Students
Yeah. Got through about half the criteria, RUDE students, quizzes where help was given if asked, but overall, a really nice professor who could make arthimetic sequences interesting so kudos for him. I do like the textbook as well so that was good. I meet a lot of people who are in/planning on going in the education programme so that was interesting. Overall, got a great mark so that helps me out with applying for the education program (and my gpa so).
Inst 151: Beginners French
Amazing how you can learn more in 6 weeks about french than you ever did in the five years at high school. I'm not completely dissing my teachers here -even though my Grade 10 french teacher let us watch english movies all the time, my Grade 12 french teacher was really quite good- because I know that my study habits have done a complete turnabout since high school. Still, I know so much more grammer and how to speak french (if anyone knows how I use to speak french *shudder*) and read french so that's all good. The prof was the sweetest little lady who was raised in France. It's a shame that the second part of the class was cancelled but it made way for my other courses so that was fine.
Engl 170: Grammer and Stuff
Coolest prof ever. And I did a presentation on knitting, wrote three papers, one about Jane and Bust (two magazines), one about Lenore (cute little dead girl), and one about Buffy (of course). And you know how in every class there is some smart mouthed punk who is just awful and everyone wants to kill? There wasn't in this class! Everyone was nice and funny and respectful and interesting and it was great. The prof put a lot of tender loving care into the overheads, and you know, it makes a difference. I know the grammer of my blog may make people think 'did she learn anything in this class?' but I did, and I blog as I think so grammer plays no role here. Punks. Oh yeah! Andrea (the prof) got us a cake at the last class too! How cool is that?
Fnst 215: External Issues
Mmmmm.... a class with GOOD readings. What a concept. No more dry boring crap that is geared towards really boring Phds and makes you want to cry. It was a whirlwind of a class with a lot of material to cover but it was managable and interesting. The prof, Mavis, is an uber interesting person and should teach more often. And a class where you have a pregnant student one week, then a three day old baby in his baby holder(what are those things called) the next week is the best thing ever. I actually liked the paper that I handed in and event though I kept on wringing my hands during the presentation, it went marginally well. It's one of those classes where it really affects the way you read things which is fun to note after just a month what a difference it makes. Charming classmates as well, though I think one was kinda bipolar cause she was either really really nice to me or really really not nice to me. Eh. I got to brag about me sister in class too when we talked about Eden Robinson. Heh.
Geog 203: Regional Geography of Canada
Okay, I really like the lectures and I am learning a lot of stuff in the class, but.... meh. I bombed the midterm (see above), the classes go on and on and on and on, and there are a lot of.... odd people in the class. You know, you just want to say 'I didn't come here to listen to that other student talk about antedoctal stories that bear no relevance to the rest of the course and also, by the way, is horrifically disrespectful'. The class is getting better as it is the last week but for the first five weeks, nobody in the class would talk before class or during the breaks, so you'd get there and have to sit in dead silence for seven minutes. It was just weird. I really wanted to fart because I thought it'd be incredibly funny but at the same time I realized it would also be mortifying, so I decided I just wanted someone else to fart, but I mean, a loud dirty fart. That would be great. And because this class covers so many controversial topics, for the most part it's okay, the prof is respectful but also majorly left so that is good, but sometimes people can be NASTY and say things that are horrible, I won't repeat them but basically saying all americans should die (I so wanted to punch someone in the head for that one, I had to do the count down from 15 and gnash my pen into my paper), vegetarians are evil (the poor veggie in our class got death looks for saying 'just don't eat meat'), and so on and so on. Overall, I am happy that I took the course (which is good since I may be repeating it if I don't get a good enough grade), but I don't think it had to be like this.
And there you are people! My summer courses in all their glory. My fall line up includes: education 101, intro to health psychology, biopsychology, lifespan/developmental psychology, and psychopathology & their treatments. My Winter semester is done up but the courses will move around so I'm not betting on all of them yet. I want to drop my fourth year psych course to a third year. So yeah. Yeah for me blog!
Sunday, July 31, 2005
update: I got bored with the catalouge really quickly (I think it's the act of reading that is getting to me) so I brushed the kitties and now I'm chewing gum..
Monday, July 25, 2005
July is crazy month. Let all who read know now that July is crazy month. Also, you should note that taking three courses at once, two of them being condensed one month courses, is a bad idea. Bad. Grrrr.
OHMIGOD! Jenn defends... er I mean, presents her thesis tomorrow morning! Gasp! I'm so excited! I just went to the senate room today at UNBC where she'll be defending.... presenting her thesis (a very beautiful room by the way) and ohhhhh exciting!
I have to go write some papers now so I promise I'll try to blog more.
Just for a side note, geography is not only boring, but it sucks monkey ass as well.
And that's all I've got to say about that.
Sunday, July 03, 2005
Friday, June 24, 2005
You know those people who think sexism doesn't exist? Well, they are so stupid it's not worth going into but just for a causal little comment about sexism. Jenn and I were for lack of a better show watching Celebrity Dancing (or something like that~and oh yeah, Law and Order was on but it had already started and when you miss the beginning it's hard to get into sometimes) so yeah, and Joey McIntyre (New Kids on the Block for those of you, like me, who had no idea who he was) and his partner did a really good dance, frankly the most complicated out of all of them but they only got mediocre marks from the judges. Then Ms. Rachel Hunter (Amazon) came on and barely danced but did do the splitz upsidedown and was rather... well, skanky all around. Surprise surprise, the two male judges give her excellent marks. Then this other couple come on and they were good too, he was really funny. Mediocre marks again. Then the fourth and final couple come on and the strap on the chick's dress breaks so it looks kinda like something you'd see at a cabaret or something because the two take turns holding her boobs to make sure she doesn't fall out! And guess what their marks from the male judges were? Incredibly high! Wowza. Sheesh.
Anyhoo. So, what's new with you?
Friday, June 17, 2005
Anyone, some other time I was watching TV (Hey, Ju~I watch TV and knit, do I burn more or less calories than reading?) and I came across one of the worst shows ever which is Trading Spouses. So I see this woman in a party full of vegans trying to give them dried alligator heads, and the other woman in New Orleans or something dealing with a ROTTEN son and husband complete with matching mullets. I liked that, made me feel a whole lot better about where I am in life and me as a person. I can't remember what I was watching but I came back over that channel later and saw the vegan-friend woman crying saying 'this isn't what I thought it would be' and I'm sorry but when you go on a show called 'Trading Spouses' what the hell do you think it's going to be like? No pity! No pity for you; you silly, silly woman! Honestly.
People are stupid.
Monday, June 06, 2005
Friday, May 27, 2005
Thursday, May 26, 2005
No cavities! I rule! And I had something else I wanted to blog about but I can't remember. It's hard to dislike the dentist when you are surrounded by just the nicest people. If I bring fudge next time I may get away without the polishing (shudder). I shall have more time tomorrow to blog and hopefully by them I will remember what I wanted to blog about. I need to go eat now and study some more for french. Tata for now!
Friday, May 20, 2005
It's a fricking quiz!
Afterwards he goes to the front of the class and basically tells everyone what he told her which makes it more fair but the same amount of ridiculous.
I'm going to go bang my head against a wall for awhile.
Tuesday, May 17, 2005
The french is really good so far. The reading and writing is a little below my french level but when it comes to talking french I completely need to be in the class. The proff is just the sweetest lady you have ever met and I am learning a lot! It makes me happy but I have trouble with which is le and which is la and which accent is aigu and which accent is grave (I know which one is which but when I'm spelling words I forget which one a letter will get).
My math class is 'How to Teach Elementary Students Math'. It's an odd one because if it was just the course, like no other variables or anything, I would either a) not go or b) fall asleep in class. However, the proff is very good and has a very interesting way of explaining things so I find he gets my interest and keeps it and is nice so I would feel bad if I skipped class and as well where would I be without the antics of my classmates? One girl talks constantly to herself under her breath like 'I don't understand.... oh now I get it..... huh? ..... 82, no wait, 84, no wait...... oh look at that....'. Another student shows up late with his discman blaring which he doesn't bother to turn off till he's sat down, falls asleep periodically while sitting in the front row, yells out answers that are usually wrong, and doesn't even show up for the extended first part of the class on Fridays. There are the two girls who gab, gab, and gab, but I have to give them credit (don't get me started on the girls in my french class) they talk quietly and if someone shots them a look they apologize and stop so. I mean, I could go on but I won't because I was the stupid person who was too sick to go to class but went anyways and coughed a lot for the first week. Meh.
Spike is good. He was uber cuddlely after I got home and the chunk of his nose healed up so that made me happy. I have Riley over now and then (Landlords kitty) so they can play. Sometimes they do but sometimes Spike just bites Riley while Riley licks up crumbs of cat food from the corner of my kitchen floor. I just got him a new kitty toy from petcetera today when I picked up his special weight managment cat food (he's going to be so mad I told). He really does like it which is kinda rare. He doesn't care for two of his cat toys and still takes the greatest joy out of the cardboard castle I made him. It's just a little circular board with two springie do-dahs coming out of it with some dangling strings. It's made with the twine stuff. He likes it. He knocks it over and jumps on it.
Big news is my fabulous new hair! It's now all kinda chin length and layered oh so cute and red! I just love it! I think I may keep it this length. I just got it cut by my friend Amanda on Sunday so I have a lot of experimenting to do on it still but I'm so happy with it. I'm so frickin cute. I also finally after nearly three months went out and got a pair of jeans. It's a good thing Jean Warehouse has good jeans because their customer service sucks! Apparently the sales lady hopes the reciept book has a good day because she wasn't looking at me when she said it. And when someone says 'do you have this one in short (I'm short, yeah yeah)' whatever you say, don't say 'mmm.... I don't think so' and leave it at that because at that point if the person was going to get a second pair of jeans even if they only came in reg. length but just wanted to see if she could get them in short, well then at that point she's not going to get the second pair of jeans (which made me sad because it looked like I actually had an ass in those) but yeah. And another fabulous purchase is season 3 and 5 of Buffy that I just got the other day as well. They didn't have season 2 and I love season 5 and when having to chose between season 3 and 4 I picked 3 (non-riley vs. riley, hence an easy choice).
I am so glad Mr.Icky-singsCelineDion-singsclimbeverymountains-wearstupidclothing-isnotaheartthrobbutthinksheis is off American idol. Life is good.
Okay I have to get to class now and I haven't even done my emails. Crap. Oh well. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLA!!!!!!! I am such a bad friend.
Monday, May 09, 2005
Wednesday, May 04, 2005
Tuesday, April 26, 2005
- How to Overcome Sexual Terrorism-I just saw this on the screen. There was an old white guy talking so I don't know if he was the victim or the perp. I continued on.
- They found a finger in Wendy's chili, which is so funny. Apparently the woman that found it has been charged with fraud but they still don't know whose finger it is. I just think about if I was still working at Wendy's and I was spooning out the chili and if I saw a finger... I wouldn't stop screaming.
- Yesterday was the 15 year birthday of the hubble telescope.
- That young lady, who messed up the American anthem, then fell! Ohmigod. Ohmigod.
- Turns out, Pierre Trudeau, kinda a big sexist jerk.
- And even at 1230pm Showcase will showcase naked people!
- Even though a chimp may enjoy smoking and it sure is funny looking, doesn't mean we should give him smokes, it's very bad for him and the chimps around him.
- Buffy and Angel so belong together.
- So if I was Rodolphe Lindt and I invented some wonderful chocolate machine, I wouldn't name it the conche! Sheesh.
- If you jump out of a plan make sure there are no other planes around cause you might hit it and it might take off both your legs right below the knee and if after that you still somehow manage to deploy your chute and land, you may die at the hospital.
Sunday, April 24, 2005
Tuesday, April 19, 2005
Tuesday, April 12, 2005
Go get my exams from Bill and note all my mistakes and look over how to do t tests since I have forgotten. Return by 3.
Study Motivation and Emtion till we go home, (5ish I think)complete chapter outline so I can start committing it to memory
Tonight I will complete keyword notes for Engl and review all poems
Study for Engl starting at 9
Engl Exam at 130
Study for Motivation and Emotion till bedtime
Exam for Motivation and Emotion at 9
Appointment at 2
Complete Abnormal notes and spend rest of time on Stats
Evening=most likely stats
Stats exam at 9
Abnormal exam at 130
Dairy Queen baby, oh yeah!
Abnormal is for Abnormal Psychology, not like abnormality of something. That would be stats.
Friday, April 08, 2005
this I blame on malnutrition.
Every student should know
what I heard-
can relive the toothache
that scury can bring.
Blind, I balance pros and
by not drinking, I'm saving money,
but to mention, to note,
the braincells that I'm depriving
of their brave and timely death.
The tug of war unheeded continues
and my polish will chip
before the dense light of a pulp filtered sun
the stretch of nothern light turns my flesh
inside out and back again.
My veins have never been so magical
before I came
to the north.
Monday, April 04, 2005
And everyone needs to go to Julia's blog (juliasaid.blogspot.com or 'the middle child' blog link) and read her April 3rd entry about BoM because I think it is very important. Julia rules.
Wednesday, March 16, 2005
Monday, March 07, 2005
Thursday, March 03, 2005
So yes, I have a dishwasher. Somehow my counter is still messy but that's cause I didn't do any 'tidying' last night. I went to bed at 8! Not at 8 I started to get ready for bed, no no, at 8 I was in bed and trying to read by I ended up submitting to my eyelids and caving into my bedsheets. Spike was kind enought to wake me at 1 by puking and then again at 6 by running from the window in the living room to my bedroom window (this involves running on the bed which involved running ontop of me) repeatedly, and squawking loudly upon receiving each window. Afterwards he attacked my duffel bag that sits at the end of the bed, which was zippered close, but he somehow managed to get inside and proceeded to wig out inside the bag (there was a plastic bag inside-arch nemesis of Spike) and makes lots and lots of noise and then he tried to get out of the duffel bag through the small hole he created when he had nudged the zipper open, but he was still attached to the plastic bag so he yowls quite loudly, wigs out again while half in half out of the duffel bag, I'm trying to help him at this point but he just scratches me, so then he gets out of the duffel bag, and goes tearing into the living room with the plastic bag still attached to his back leg which just scares him more, and though this part was just audio for me, he tries to climb his tall scratching post but bails out halfway, falls ontop of the futon, (I think he hit the wood, not the padded part) and then seeks refuge in his cardboard castle (a whole bunch of boxes I stacked together for him). Funny enough, after this whole ordeal, he quite politely stays still as I distangle his leg from the bag. However once the bag was off, he felt the need to exact revenge on it and attacked it while I was holding it, scratching me again. At this point I think I summoned my inner devil and with the simple bellow of 'goddamn kitty!' he decided to leave the bag alone. After applying some neosporin and bandaids, I went back to bed for half an hour before my alarm went off. So that was my morning. Back to the studying! Away!
Monday, February 21, 2005
Saturday, February 12, 2005
So I am currently experiencing the emotional reunion of two long lost brothers; Spike (Spawnkitty) and Chuck (lovetillithurts). Yes, it's like a fox reality special with lots of bitch slapping, sleeping around, furniture crashing, and we even have a smarmy host, Ativan, who appraises everything from afar ontop of her scratching post. It's actually interesting to see the changes in the two already. Spike has grown much more affectionate and bites less which I attribute to his jealousy of seeing his pet um... pet another cat and having spent most of his time biting Chuck, and Chuck is better at nighttime manners, maybe from Spikes relaxed attitude or from exhaustion, who knows? (For those who aren't aware, Chuck is very hard to have in the same room when you are trying to sleep because he is ultra needy and shoves his cold nose into your ear and will eat your hair and lick your nose) But they play and play and play and then at night they both sleep on Coral's bed with me until sunlight starts to shine through the window in which case they start playing again, however still on the bed. That causes me some grief but if I lock them out of the room Spike will attack the door so. They share some tender moments however. They love to lurch ontop of the fridge and watch me in the kitchen like two fuzzy vultures. They love to jump on the counter and lick dishes. They love to sit in my lap while I'm on the computer. They love to jump into my bag whenever I open it. So this stay is a complete success and I think the real winner here is Ativan who spends most of her time sunning her belly on the scratching post with no interruptions.
Tuesday, February 08, 2005
9.The bus seats are uncomfortable and someone is always smelly (sometimes it's me, but it's always someone).
8.Those little side 'desk' panels in the chair that you hurt your back if you use and tend to have gum stuck to them and are squeaky.
7.My feet hurt an insane amount do they hurt they hurt so bad ouchy ouchy (the point to this one is that I have to wear shoes at school).
6.All the note taking has made the pinky side of my right palm blue with ink.
5.My frantic last second homemade lunches usually consists solely of baby carrots and my advanced night eyesight is useless because I'm too tired to stay up late.
4.I have fallen asleep twice while studying on my futon is which freakishly uncomfortable and pokey with sharp boards and unyeilding with lumpy 'cushioning'.
3.School keeps me away from my Spike, aka.spawnkitty, whom I love so very much, but who needs a lot of attention or he does things like climb doorways, attack the carpet, knock stuff off of heights, kill anything plastic, eat toilet paper, and other general bad-kitty-goddammit stuff.
2.14 midterms, two papers, a presentation, three quizzes, and four final exams. What the hell is up with that?
1.It's called statistics. It reigns from hell.