Wednesday, August 31, 2005

School? But.... I just finished...........

So far I have three textbooks purchased: biopsychology, life span development, and 'Becoming a Teacher'. All of which were ridicously priced. Oh well. I don't know why I decide to blog when I'm tired and grouchy. I will say this, Sims rule! My last week before school is very strategically laid out. I have big plans this week, big plans. They involve such activities as knitting, reading, playing sims, playing neopets, eating, sleeping, and then some more knitting. I'm very excited to see how this all turns out. Did I tell everyone that Jim is here? He is. He brought Spike the Bear with him. Oh, I spent way too much money in Vernon. I got slub wool from Nova Scotia, yarn made out of saris from Nepal, this yarn called Brazilia (which always makes me snort and giggle), some wool made from Alcapalca..... that's not right but I'm too lazy to go look it up, and since being home I got some yarn that is actually kinda like string with sequins on it, 'kitten' yarn (which isn't it's right name but it's soft like a kitten), and this wool called Noro from Japan (sooooooooooooooo nice). I got two books, Eden Robinson's Monkey Beach and The Red Tent by Anita Diamant (if there are any spelling errors here, I can't see this as this font is too light for my create a post background to doublecheck. And yes, I could just highlight it and check for errors but that is effort too you know). Books I finished on vacation were Whale Rider and Sunshine. Sunshine is by Robin Mckinely and I want others to read it so iI can discuss it with someone. Overall, I had a WONDERFUL (heehee, stop yelling! heh) trip to Vernon and Canyon. It was nice to do something this summer like that so my summer wasn't so..... well, you read my blog you know what my summer was like. So I'll let you all know how my week pre school went. I can't really talk about my knitting in detail as they are christmas presents but hopefully I will be started on some of my own stuff with the yarn I got. Only about five more christmas presents to go! Wheeeeee. Oh, I finished my scarf and toque that I made out of the wool I got from Darlene's store in PG. They are so wonderful and original. Very earthy groovy. Now I shall see if I can kick Jen off her laptop. The thing about Sims, that is something I really can't do during school. Knitting I bring with me to school and acts as an anti-depressant. I have professional books to read for teaching. But playing Sims is really hard to justify. And its so bloody addictive. I built an amazing house last night. I was playing my family (me and angelina jolie in married bliss), and Angie (as I call her) reached the top of her career in crime and I reached the top of my career in being a slacker. So we had a tonne of money in which to build a new house. I managed to make a basement! So exciting. Well, I'm outta here now. Tata.

3 comments:

Julia said...

the only time i made a basement my sim somehow got trapped down there and died. it sucked.

Yonners said...

oh my! mine is fine, I lowered the terrain so there are doors leading in as well as a staircase. That's kinda scary.

jenn said...

I haven't played Sims for ages. I'm not certain why not. I should. I need to reassess my priorities.