Monday, August 20, 2007

and now I have a clock that tick tick ticks

I don't have a picture of the new clock, but I do have a picture of sushi. Mmmm...... sushi. So my Mom was up for a few days which was awesome. She was home waiting for me after my last class for the summer semester. We had a great visit, ate fun food, took lots of photos with her spiffy new camera, and rearranged my living room! It looks neato fantastico now. We also went to Granville market, the Vancouver Art Gallery, and went to see friends, and of course, shopping. Anyhoo, my new and improved living room looks as thus....
It's hard to see the Spike on the daybed, but he's there. We found wonderful muted purple pillows that were priced too good to pass up. There be some Bears beside the daybed there. The print is from the VAG, it's Romaine Lacaux by Renoir which brought me to tears the first time I saw it (you would cry too if you were there). The yarn on the chair there is in prep for a small knitting party I'm throwing tomorrow.
Ah, here is a shot of the Spawnkitty himself. He's guarding my knitting.

Here's another shot of my mantle as I wasn't happy with the earlier ones. The glass stars I purchased at a artisan fair in the North. The cubes are from a project for a class. Those took way too long to make.
Oh! Here's Mom and I at our sushi place (these photos aren't in order). Mom and I have a blast when she comes down and with her new camera we have a photo diary of everything (us at the art gallery, us at the piers, us at our friends house, etc.). There's also an awesome photo of me at a toy store overjoyed to be among the throngs of Bears to be (stuffies for those who don't speak Bear). Maybe I'll show you that one.
Ah, here is the painting if you didn't click on the link. It's mounted on a wood frame that's about two inches wide.
And my new yarn wall! Well, there's also books there but mostly yarn. I'm putting all the children's books I've been buying there as well, and my puzzles and magazines and chess set are there too, and Spike's toy, and my comics and such. Overall, my living room rules.

5 comments:

brooke t. higgins said...

Knitting party AND sushi AND yarn wall AND children's books AND kitty on the daybed? How can you stand all the wonderfulness!!!

Angela said...

Man, I wish Vancouver was closer!

Anonymous said...

Such fun was my visit and your apartment looks just super! Mom

jenn said...

Oh, awesome pictures!

xoxo

Jim said...

Great pictures--your place looks really nice!