Saturday, February 23, 2008

Cheese begets Cheese

My post is mostly ramblings today, so I figured a short story from last night will help explain the title of the post. Last night I wanted cheese and Jim bought me a pizza while him and Jenn were here and I really wanted to eat it last night but I was like 'no!- you are going to save it for a night when you have no time to cook!' so I decided to eat little bit of feta to make up for it (no- I'm not lactose intolerant, why do you ask?). Anyhoo- as you can guess by the title that the moment I finished eating the feta I went and popped that pizza into the oven. It was sooo good. And then I got the leftover for breakfast. Mmmm.

Thanks for all the notes on the knitted goods for Balthazar. I'll tally them soon and present to you the order. I have to finish some projects before I can cast on for anything new- I'm drowning in UFOs right now (unfinished objects). One that I am working on like a mad woman is the Strawberry Lace Cardigan from Knitting Classic Style by Veronik Avery. I bought this book even before it was put on the shelves (my friend was the one who reached into the box and grabbed it though) and cast on for the cardigan the same day. The yarn (cascade 220) was my last yarn purchase since January 11th (oh yeah). My friend Tammy and I have a competition to see who can go for the longest without buying yarn and it runs until September or until one of us caves. This will prove to be interesting. Anyhoo- a very poorly lit photo of the cardigan. The edges roll so I can't take a good photo of it without using pins and I'm rather lazy. The two front parts and the back are done and I'm working on the first sleeve. I fell four days behind schedule on this so am trying to race through the sleeve to get back on schedule.

Baby baby baby. Jim and Jenn came and visited me for three days. It was awesome. We ate some awesome food. It's not lost on me how ironic it is that two days after they left I found out about the greatest sushi place in Vancouver, but we'll save that for the next trip! I felt Balthazar kick (and kick and kick and kick) and tried to finish the crochet star blanket but to no avail. I'm hoping to finish it soon but it is crochet so it may come out... you know.... stupid. And that's not because it's crochet, it's because it's me AND crochet. I frogged a project today and am going to cast on for a Balthazar cardigan soon. This is Ecoknit cotton and is soooo soft. Next to it is the tin that Julia got for me at Hong Kong disneyland. Too cute and it had candy in it! As I type I am chewing on a sugar coated mickey mouse head gummy.And some spinning. That I started -oh- over a month ago? Sheesh. It is beautiful though.
Seriously, I need to finish some projects cause look at all this yarn just sitting around my apartment (in this case- ontop of my fake fireplace mantle- those come in handy you know).
And then there is this guy who is so zonked out right now. And oh yeah, thar be glow in the dark dinosaurs climbing up my walls.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm!!! Feta Cheese!!! Love it. Thank you for sharing your projects Leone. That was a wonderful read.

jenn said...

Your projects look awesome. New sushi spot to you, you say? Hmm, we'll have to get back down there asap!

Anonymous said...

Let me get this straight: you're not buying yarn until September? That's over half a year away! Wow.

brooke t. higgins said...

there aren't any rules in there about not getting yarny presents from america, are there?

jenn said...

Dear yonners,

It is friday.


Just thought that would make you happy.