Thursday, December 01, 2011

Yeah Yeah

So sure it's the first of December. Am I saying I'm going to blog every day of December? No. Firstly, cause you all saw how well November worked out. And secondly, December is a busy time my friends.

Moving along lots to tell you. Mostly about knitting. Sorry for the vagueness about projects and lack of photos. A lot of the gift receivers are also readers. The Christmas list thus far (I am so sorry to anyone from Ravelry that I haven't updated since October. I'm awful I know). Been doing a lot of this lately. Coffee and yarn. I lead a very nice life my friends.

Mom- done. But I want to knit her more so I've got a project ready for when I finish the other big ones.

Dad- all steeked. Just need the button bands. I was worried about the loose gauge so I sewed up the edges I wanted to cut with a piece of fabric underneath for extra reinforcement. It's working like a charm and I'm an un-necessary genius.Grandma- done! Woo!
Grandpa-getting chocolate. He's happiest with chocolate- it's true.

Julia- I weighed my yarn and I don't have enough for what I want to do so I may need to buy yarn or something. I'm actually low on yarn- it's either scraps, extreme luxury (my cobweb lace is tangled- that's another post) or designated for sweaters. Very annoying.

Jennifer- started but taking a lot longer than expected. Jenn was great and requested what she wanted knit. Now, that could backfire since I can't buy the yarn requested for the project but am using yarn I already own (I'm quite poor is the gist of this) so hopefully her expectations aren't high (hi Jenn).

Malcolm- mostly done. Just a few hours of mindless knitting to finish the last part of his project and then we have possibly the cutest nephew present ever.

Hazel- finished! Have I mentioned lately how cute that one is? Thankfully she doesn't have the most discriminating tastes yet so I'm sure she'll tolerate her present as much as she tolerates anything else (drools on it).

Jim-not started but I have the yarn picked out and it should only take me a weekend or so. Fingers crossed.

Jason- unfortunately I asked him what he wanted. He wants a scarf. Should have just knit him an oven mitt. So I had to buy some yarn because I'm not knitting a scarf one month before Christmas in sock weight scraps. I got some nice aran, got about four inches done, and then took it to a dark pub with Kat and royally messed it up. Once I get back on track it's a good one to take on the plane with me or what have you.

That's it! I'm off. Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

Jan said...

You are amazing! Can't wait to see all the projects at Christmas!
Mom