I have been knitting like mad because I need to get as much done before school starts as possible because knitting productivity goes down once school starts (damn papers). I finished my mother's present and the second part of a three part gift. I also have started two new ones and am still contemplating with to do with my dad's scarf (he doesn't read the blog). I started doing double knitting with maple leafs, so red background and white leaf on one side and a white background and a red leaf on the other side, and then switching in little squares for the length of the scarf but as it turns out, double knitting and following a maple leaf scarf is way more work than I can allot for an Xmas gift but I don't want to frog it because I'm so proud of my one little maple leaf so I'm in a rut with that Xmas gift currently. I do think that I have all the yarn purchased for the rest of my xmas gifts.
School is about a week or so away. I'm taking three courses: Literature of the Fantastic (I get to study Buffy, who's jealous? You? Of course you are!), Physical Sciences (shut up), and methods in social psychology (this class has the potential to go either way, I'll keep you informed). Mostly everything is already decorated with stickers or drawings (Jim did the drawing for my social psychology binder) and all the fun stuff (purple glue!) is purchased and carefully stored (somewhere on my bedroom floor). I'm actually kinda looking forward to school starting now. Just a little, but at least it's there.
Oh right, I also handed in my two weeks notice at work. It's bittersweet cause I didn't mind it too much and now I can't say, I work at a comic book store, but oh well. More time to study and volunteer since I will be applying to education programs this year (oooohhhhh scary!).
Away I go to bed! I mean, it's nearly 11 people, ELEVEN!!!
Three bonus points if you can end the phrase to my blog title (contest not extended to either of my sisters because it would be like asking them to point to their toes).
Right! The meme from Drunken Monkey! Okay... won't be as funny as hers but here I go:
5 things in my freezer
- Frozen fruit popsicles
- jalepeno poppers (I didn't spell that right did I?)
- Tonnes of salmon (maybe not tonnes, but surely lots)
- Some alcohol that has been untouched for over a year
- Ice (I know that's a gimme but I'd have to get up and go look and I'm lazy)
- 4 inch red satin heels with a silver bow on them, open toe
- a massive bag of yarn from my Grandma's thrift store that she bought for me that I will one day crochet into an afghan for her
- sweaters I keep but never wear
- toys from Wendys
- three very similar black dresses cause I keep on buying the same one over and over again
- I don't have a car
- so there's not much in it
- but if I did have a car
- it would have the bobble head buddy jesus
- from some jay and silent bob movie
- batman keychain
- loose change
- 5 dollar bills
- expired learners licence (shut up shut up!)
- swatch for my Grandma's xmas present
- work shirt
- elastic thread
- cable needle