Beeb Hazel is almost two months, she'll be two months in 11 days. CRAZINESS!!!
You may have already seen this photo but hey, she's a cute baby. We threw her baby shower last weekend. We all agree that baby showers should be when the beeb is here cause hey, BEEB!
Here are the happy parents. Jason walked the beeb over in her stroller from far away and had someone yell out 'Hello Hazel!' at them. Baby Hazel brings great notoriety in Vancouver.
The theme of the shower was Books and Bums.
Books galore! I lost my mind and if it wasn't my niece's shower I would have stolen many of them.
Mom and Dad came and family friends who have known Julia since her birth.
It was a super nice time. Lots of great people, good food, and such an awesome baby. Jess hosted the event in her lovely place and made all the food and drinks. I decorated with baby clothing.
And the last photo is of the six prizes (hazelnut chocolate bars (the good kind)) for the game. We had two activities, one was writing messages for Hazel that she gets to open on different birthdays, and the other was a book game. Basically we concluded that the elementary teacher shouldn't make book games. I managed to narrow down a selection of my favorite children/young adult books to ten and wrote down a quote from each one. I read out the quote and people had to guess the title of the book and the author. The highest score was 11/20 and the lowest was 0.
So basically I'm going to put the quotes here and you can see how many you answer without cheating! Pencil and paper and note down the author and the title. I'll put the answers tomorrow though when you are done you can google them if you can't wait. 2 points possible per questions, one for author one for title.
1. Please do not go. We'll eat you up. We love you so.
2. And she loved a boy very, very much- even more than she loved herself.
3. Goodnight stars, goodnight air, goodnight noises everywhere.
4. Elizabeth was a beautiful princess. She lived in a castle and had expensive princess clothes. She was going to marry a prince named Ronald.
5. 'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.'
6. It do not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live
7. It's a funny thing about mothers and fathers. Even when their own child is the most disgusting little blister you can ever imagine, they still think that he or she is wonderful.
8. Things may happen and often do to people as brainsy and footsy as you
9. It was up to him to pay back to the world in beauty and caring what Leslie had loaned him in vision and strength.
10. But the eye is blind. One must look with the heart.