Tuesday, December 12, 2006

that burning itching sensation

Don't worry- I haven't caught anything nasty- it's just that fun new-tattoo-itch that makes you want to run into walls that I am suffering from. I think it's worse than usual (this is tattoo #4) because I'm so stressed right now. I'm not sleeping very well and I now have two, yes, TWO cold sores so I may spend tomorrow locked inside the house like some loathsome beast. My neck hurts from all the computer work so even though it sounds nice, I think I will spend my first few days of freedom doing other things than playing Sims2 (we have pets now!). I have a lot of knitting that I need to catch up on and lots of reading as well (good reading, not journal article reading). Oh right, back to the new tattoo. I'm going to be a bitch and not actually post the entire tattoo because, this may be stupid but, it's my own design (drew it in english class) and it's so important to me that I don't actually want to post it online. If you know me, send me an email and I will send you a photo of it. Just not right now cause it's still healing. This is a small picture of it without the colour in yet.
The colour is amazing, the main colour is a sky blue but it's highlighted in dark blue, pink, purple, and white. It's a star by the way. Goodness my skin looks blotchy in that photo. Anyhoo, just thought I would blog. No knitting to show. I'm still slowly getting some of the body of my sweater done and working on the second sleeve. I also am knitting something for my tattoo artist, Thomas of Happy Monkey, a monkey (no really, he loves monkeys) because he is amazing and did an unbelievable job on my tattoo. It'll be a pirate monkey too! grrrrr. The paper is due on Thursday, I'm done the results section and am slowly wading through the lit review and the discussion. I'm not too concerned about the methods because I'm nearly done and then just the references and fixing up the abstract. The results was the major part of the paper and I'm happy with it. It's 9 pages single spaced so I think the paper when finished will be one of my longest yet. My longest paper was 36 pages and that nearly killed me, which is like this one. Though it does seem that the papers that kill me are also the ones I care the most about. Blah blah, I'm ranting. Away I go to sleep and try to have the same dream I had on Saturday night about being a rollerskate superhero. It was bloody awesome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

From what I can see the tattoo looks lovely! I have about a bajillion ideas for tattoos. One of the ones I want is a flaming ball of yarn with two knitting needle stuck through it. *grin*

I hope your neck feels better soon.

jenn said...

I can certainly attest to the amazingness of the tattoo!

Anonymous said...

Pirate monkey! I bet pirate monkeys drink a lot. Hmmmm... :)

Melly said...

Oooh I can't wait to see it!