Friday, November 19, 2004

Spike's big adventure


So Spike paid the vet a little visit this morning. As you can imagine, he was thrilled. Now, the first time Spike visited the vet he was so scared he didn't move or blink the entire time, nor did he detach his claws from my sweater. But the second time we went it was a little different. The moment I put his leash on and took him outside, the hissing and spitting begain. And yes, spitting. He was so bad that the vet decided not to take his tempature, mainly due to the low grumblings he was omitting. He also has a social problem, basically he would start flipping out in his cage if he was too close to other cats and extending his paw out of his cage to scratch people.

He's special.

So anyways, after waking to my defcom4 alarm, Spike and I set off in Jen's car (with Jen driving) away to the vet. Because it's been about three weeks, I think his memory was a little dim from last time, so he was mostly new smells occupied. Though then we got to the vet and he started to slink further and further under my arm. However, we got into the examining room and I am so proud of his non spitting and scratching. I won't go as far as to say he was social or anything, when the vet lifted him off of the table to get weighed, he refused to move any of his legs from their previous position, it was like he was a statue. So he didn't even squawk when the vet was feeling his tummy. I was so proud. Then came the shots. So Spike was sitting, facing me, and the vet was behind him and gave him the shot in the hindquarter region. Poor Spike. So he lunges with his left paw and arched around, I think he was trying to slit the vet's wrist. Anyhoo, the vet escaped from that one, and I held Spike a little tighter for the next shot, which consisted in some hissing. So luckily, no bodily harm to me, the vet, nor Jen. Jen was placed in some danger when she was holding Spike while I was paying and a very big dog came in, so Spike had to let him know who was the alpha male in the room by hissing. Least to say, it all went all and Spike doesn't need another visit for a whole year. He's adjusting well to his new grown up kitty food and has gotten more friendly with some of the toys I purchased for him months ago (I sprayed them with catnip). I have lots of photos of him I will hopefully be sending out with Christmas cards if I ever get around to that so for those who have not seen him, he is the cutest cow kitten ever. Well, that's all that's new for now! Bybye!

2 comments:

The Bears said...

Hi Spike the Cat,

Very good job handloo the trip to the vet so well. A little hissoo and spittoo (and tryoo to sloo the vet's wroo) are certainly all within reason when going to the vet. Sorry you had to get shots. We've never gotten shots, but they sound like bad things.

But please don't scratch up Jenn and Leone.

How is your livoo?

OK Bye
Stompy

Yonners said...

*Meow Spike Entry*
Hi Bears, my livoo is much better, I don't even need to be on special cat foo anymore, which I think means I should get lots of humoo foo, but my pet doesn't always agree. The other day, I did get to chew on a perogoo for awhile while she was on the phone. That was fun. Bye Bears!
*End Meow Spike Entry*