Wednesday, November 23, 2005
So what did I do. Well, you know how I complain that I have no time and am a giant ball of stress? I decided getting a job would cure all that. So yeah, I got a job. Heh. For those in PG, you'll know where I'm talking about... a comic book store baby yeah! They hired me! Even though I am apparently a trendy librarian! I'm pretty excited. Firstly, I get a discount on comics! Secondly, I have a resemblence of life outside of school! Thirdly, I will be making money! Not accumulating debt! Craziness I tell you! So. Yeah. I could see some shaking heads and waggling fingers, but meh. I think this job is going to be hectic madness, but I think it will also be a whole bunch of fun. My boss-lady is a wonderful person and it's all good. Heh.
and i talked to the guy i like again. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Okay, I'm away to proof read this paper again. It's so bad when you know a sentence is crap, but for the life of you, you just can't seem to think of a better one.
Thanks again for the hugs!
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Thursday, November 17, 2005
- I'd save this for my own kid it's soooo cute! Medusa hat
- a womb, cause I mean... then you can say 'i knit a womb this weekend. it's green.' Is there anything better than that?
- a tea cozy (but if I was to knit one for Buffy, it would not be this one, or at least, not these colours)
- these socks, but without the individual toes, and different colours to match different holidays. heh. yeah.
- my favorite bear, again
- if Cohen was a girl I'd knit him this
Sweet dreams everyone!
Nov 21st note: Have started the baby tart baby hat.
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Then next is a close up of my slub. I love my slub. I don't even know what it is really, I know it's wool, I think it's all in how it is spun but yeah, I love my slub. It is, I would have to say, the most perfect colour scheme I have ever seen in my life. Really, I'm dead serious here. Perfect. And isn't this photo just so artsy fartsy? I took all of these with Coral's camera. Yeah for Coral!
This last photo is another artsy one of my cotton sari rainbow blend. This was made in Nepal and was made out of recycled saris. I want to make a purse out of it or a wrap. I don't know. Why can't I just be rich so I can buy my way into teaching without all the 'schooling' getting in the way? Honestly. Being rich would solve everything.
Well, I don't know how well this will turn out with the photos and all, but I hope it's coherent and the photos kinda match up with their description!
Sunday, November 13, 2005
- A Dictionary of Angels, Including the Fallen Angels by Gustav Davidson
- Gift certificates to The Neverending Yarn (Vernon) or Darlene's Yarns (PG)
- As for yarn, I'm looking for handspun mohair angora in purpley/greyie/bluish subdued colours (you'll know you've got it if it is ridicously expensive), and I also like slub from Nova Scotia, the rainbow cotton sari blend from Nepal, or any type of soy yarn. (for photos of said yarns, see here) Frankly, I'm happy with any type of yarn, be it acrylic, wool, alpaca, or unknown.
- Bamboo knitting needles
- Very nice, sparkly, smallish or not, earrings: like this or this or this (I'm only using these as examples, not as specifics, I trust your judgement, but hey, if you wanna get me the blue topaz earrings)
- Paintbrushes, the little ones: pointy, edged, or thick, doesn't matter.
- I don't know if this exists but a queen sized original Spiderman (Ditko) duvet cover.
- Old knitting magazines
- A floor length, very soft, housecoat (one that you could cuddle up in a chair with a purring kitten and a mug of tea on a cold PG night and watch Buffy in)
- digital camera
- the frizz ease hair gift set from shoppers (the one for curls)
- The March of the Penguins
- 40 year old Virgin (if it comes out by christmas)
- The anniversery addition of Brian Frouds Faeries
- anything from Reitmans
- the calvin and hobbes collection (the massive three book one)
- a CD booklet, one of those massive booklets with those slips that will fit a whole buncha CDs
*I'm sure whatever anyone gets me, even if it is not on the list, will be perfect and I'll love it.
Friday, November 11, 2005
- slept in till 10:30 because Spike came and curled up on my chest (so cute)
- had my yummy new maple churned honey with peanut butter on squirrely toast
- checked my email and looked at the blogs
- mulled and mulled about my wool toque that I haven't blocked yet and may just frog because it's just a tad tad too short but meh
- walked to grocery store to get coffee and came back with coffee, buns, a magazine, and mandrin oranges
- had mandrin orange and looked at magazine I bought
- complete two typed pages of notes from my lifespan development textbook, chapter 11 (the self, identity, and personality)
- made lunch for Jenn and I (cheese and turkey sandwiches with the raspberry honey mustard and mushroom soup with pasta and the pasta scared Jenn when she went to eat it... heh)
- put away dishes
- looked at blogs again
- played defend your castle
- found a whole buncha cool knitting sites from midnight blogger, and I so want to order this but I'll wait cause it's ten dollars shipping fees for Canadians.
- and now I'm blogging
- complete chapter 11 (it's shame this is so difficult since I am actually interested in it, I just despise everything school right now)
- start cleaning my room (at least put up my fraggle rock poster and organize my clothing)
- finish my two knitting projects (Jim and Kayla)
- play sims
- yoga (Rodney Yee again I think)
- go over my paper for Behaviour Modification
- clean the bathroom
Wednesday, November 09, 2005
Monday, November 07, 2005
So, after two weeks of complete undergrad hell, I decided this weekend I would take a break. Or have a nervous breakdown. I decided to take a break. So... what did I do you ask?
- Went to the Studio Fair twice(!) and bought....yarn (two handspun mohair with metallics, not telling how much they cost), honey (maple churned in a glass bear jar), mustard (honey raspberry hot hot), Jim's present (not telling!), Jen's present (again with the not telling), honeycomb (fun, but not as much fun as I would have liked), a book, and nearly got a marionette but I didn't and now I'm sad. I also nearly bought a 200 dollar photo of a bear cub climbing on a tree on canvas but I didn't. The people were kinda snotty, and I didn't really have 200 dollars to spend on art. Which sucks. But hey! Maple churned honey! Oh yeah, and tonnes of samples, samples, samples.
- Went to the Y Saturday (I just forgot how to spell Saturday and had to look at various spellings before deciding on that one, hope it's right) and worked out at 6:30 in the morning with Jenn and Coral. I decided to put the elliptical at the highest slant and my thighs are still paying for that.
- Knit like a crazy person, finished my first scarf for Knit for Kids and nearly done another christmas present which I started last January, and I did inventory on all my knitting projects and yarn. Have come to many conclusions. A) I have too much yarn and need to knit it all up so I can buy more but seriously, so much yarn! B) I need to finish all my projects that are knitted up but still have to be sewn together or something (about three of those) so I can put them in a complete section. C) I need to get my hands on a digitial camera so I can take photos of all the christmas presents so I can post them after christmas and show everyone. D) I need a better organizer for my knitting needles (right now they are in a big metal bucket that has a lobster on it) which is fine, but I still need a better container.
- Watched Kids in the Hall Brain Candy. Heh, really really funny. Wrong, in so many ways, but so funny.
- Wrote a completely half-assed paper for my dreadful class that I don't care about and barely spent any time on.
- Finally went shopping for pants and got three pairs, two jeans (one dark, one with jewels) and a brown pair of dress pants, and also got a blue cardigan with jewels and a pink blouse which I'm wearing right now.
- Did Tae bo with Jenn (and did Yoga this morning and will hopefully do tae bo again tonight so I can reach my week goal of working out four times this week and get to buy my knitting magazine as I did not make my goals last week which was fine cause I still worked out three times).
So that was really nice. I also played a lot of computer games and listened to lots of music and watched TV with Jenn and played with the kitties. It was wonderful. Now I'm back at school.... sigh, but oh well. Week ten of thirteen! And only three days long! There, it's all good now. I'll let you know tomorrow if I did my workout and if I did I'll blog about my new magazine. If I didn't then I dunno, I may still blog anyways, but maybe just tell you about what I had for dinner instead.
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
* tomorrow is day 3 of week nine of thirteen weeks
* next week is only three days long
* 43 days and I'll be done
* at least I'll eventually get out; the professors are there forever!
* after these four, only three more psych courses to finish
* at least I'm not homeless or desolute or friendless
* I love my bed
* Spike doesn't seem bothered by any of this at all
* even if I bombed today's exam the rest of the class did too
* even if I bomb tomorrows exam I'll still have chocolate waiting for me at home
* just because I have a presentation in three days with seven other people, five of whom I don't know nor have ever met, and we don't have an outline and none of our email addresses work, doesn't mean it won't go well.
* jesus loves me
* Jenn bought me a pink water bottle since mine was left at school (my fault) and taken by someone (bastard)
* I had kick-ass medusa hair for halloween and that will never change
I'll keep going.