Monday, May 21, 2007

From blob to blocking to me!







That last photo is a detail of one of the flowers- aren't they darling? This shawl was uber easy to knit up and rather quick too. It's this shawl from Fiddlesticks. I would recommend it to anyone. Now an interesting note is that even though I got gauge it turned out about ten inches shorter in length- which was fine because I'm short, but it was interesting. The yarn holds the blocking wonderfully and all the points stayed pointy. I wore it to the farmer's market on Saturday where I got many a compliment but I did realize that because it's silk and not wool you can't just toss it around your shoulders like you can with a wool shawl because it just slides off itself, unlike wool that tends to catch. That was a fun fun long repetitive sentences. Anyhoo- it's wonderful and so soft. That photo of me was taken by Jim who was sitting down so it's not the best angle but I like it. Whenever my hair is braided it means that it needs to be washed but I didn't feel like it.

I was moping that not many people blogged this long weekend than I realized that I hadn't blogged either.

Packing is still... well, packing but it seems like the end is getting closer. Less than two weeks before I'm off to Vernon, from which I take off for Vancouver to find a place, than back to Vernon, than back up to Prince George to pick up Spike and my stuff and officially move to Vancouver. It's kinda confusing. Spike is still rather indifferent to the whole situation. He's more concerned about this 'weigh in' at the end of June at the vet.

And... it is finally spring in Northern BC. About bloody time.

6 comments:

Eileen said...

You make me want to knit! Which I cannot do, but I wish I could!

Angela said...

Ooh! Pretty!

Sara M said...

Your shawl looks gorgeous! Even though the silk is slippery, it makes up for it by being so vibrant, right? Yummy.

The Bears said...

Very pretty!

*much nodding and bouncing up and down of Bears*

And we blog blogged this weekend.

OK Bye
Spike the Bear

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. You and the shawl. :)

jenn said...

Nice pics of the shawl!