Friday, November 27, 2009

misheard...

I was out tonight for a friend's birthday party and the place was quasi-loud. When the birthday girl (who enjoys her Twilight) was away I saw the event planner person whisper something to the waiter. Of course I wanted to know what it was. What she said was something along the lines of

'I got a cake for Jessica with whipping cream and there's a picture of Edward on it'

I looked at her with eyes open wide in horror and said 'you're a bad bad friend!' because in the garbled mix what I heard/interpreted was that it was a shot order with

'whipping cream and a picture of Edward'

so you can imagine what I thought they were going to try to make the birthday girl do. Once the cake showed up I explained what I had called the hostess a bad friend and we all laughed. But then, there was sadness because it was an ice cream cake. Oh well. I bought myself a caramilk bar on the way home.

No comments: