Monday, November 30, 2009

Going out with a Bang

Figured that finishing nablopomo I should at least do something, you know, significant. I think the amount I'm reading is probably the most cool thing in my life right now. I use to read all the time and it's taken me, oh, 18 months to get over the impact of reading for university to get back to enjoying it. And I've read so many amazing books since September. My five star books since September are Book Thief by Markus Zusak, The Guernsey Literacy and Potatoe Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Schaffer and Annie Burrows, and The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexie. You need a lot of kleenex to get through all three.

But, I needed something more tangible, something I could post pictures of, hence~ knitting. (side note, Spike is trying to elegantly sit on my dusty TV but I'm kind of concerned he's going to flip it) Right, back to knitting.

I have a FINISHED OBJECT!!!!
Woo! It's roughly based off the buttony sweater (but aren't all buttony sweaters roughly based on it?) and it's all cascade in cream. Knit on 5.5mm needles this took way too long. I like it a lot and can't wait to block it and add some details. It's a boat neck, asymmetrical button, raglan style, top down, and whatever else I'm forgetting.
All the ribs are inconsistent, so 2 by 4 by 3 by 2 kind of thing.
The sleeves are very long and are also an inconsistent rib.

Some of you haven't seen my new hair. It's usually even messier than this. And ignore the safety pins. I'm hopefully going to head down and get some mismatched blue buttons tomorrow. I'm also thinking about adding the silhouette of some ravens on it, on the back right above the hem, not very big, itty bitty ones, and maybe a tree branch that sneaks around a little. I don't know yet though so we'll see.

*poof* finished nablopomo *poof*

7 comments:

Julia said...

congrats!

Annika said...

I love your sweater! The funky ribbing is such a clever and subtle little touch.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sweater, super hair, you're fabulous! :)

Sheena said...

Your sweater is BEAUTIFUL!

Jenn said...

This is all excellent!

Julia said...

i miss daily updates
:P

Jan said...

Wow! What a beautiful sweater!