Monday, November 17, 2008

Well screw that idea

I had no idea what to post but then decided to do that one where you take a picture of yourself right then and there and post it and after about five photos I realized that no matter what angle I take the photo I will look tired, pissed off, and shiny. No photo.

So I'll do the 'Five Things You Want Your Kids to Know Before They Grow Up' wank of a meme. Of course I don't have any kids but use your imagination.

  1. High school ends and it isn't really all that important. Seriously.
  2. Just because something is hard doesn't mean it's not worth doing. Math? Sure, but what if you grow up and want to be an architect? Just suck it up, do it- ask me and we'll find a way to make it interesting and it will click and your possibilities will be endless. Don't limit yourself because something is challenging.
  3. Fibre is our friend. Know it. Love it. You'll be knitting sweaters before you can walk- Plying before you can speak. By the age of five you'll be felting your own stuffed animals and picking out fleece at the fair. Then get your own sheep. Start raising goats. Get into the politics of developing countries and goat herding. Do amazing things while still knitting. In other words- be creative and don'tstop yourself at what your parents know. This one is convuluted but I get it and I'm sure future kids will too. Or they'll lie and say so just so I won't scowl.
  4. Take care of others, volunteer, be generous and compassionate- but don't become one of those kids with no friends in their age group because they spend all their time at the senior citizens home (where even the residents tell them to get out more) and thinks TV is for brainless zombies who don't have anything else better to do with their time. You all know the kids I'm talking about.
  5. 'A lot' are two separate, distinct words.

1 comment:

jenn said...

Yay for the a lot comment!!!